Mechanics III – MaschinenbauCopyright: © Martin Braun
The subject Mechanics III - Dynamics covers basic mechanics under consideration of mass accelerations. The course includes kinematics as a theory of motion, in which the relationships between position, velocity and acceleration vectors in co-moving coordinate systems are presented. The subsequent kinetics deals with the derivation of equations of motion based on Newton's laws.
Gyroscopic equations and energy methods are developed and applied to dynamic systems. The course concludes with an introduction to the vibration theory of multi-body systems and continuous oscillators.
- Kinematics of the mass point and the rigid body
- Kinetics of the mass point
- Newtonian equation of motion
- impulse, twist, energy and working sets
- Movement of the unfree mass point
- shock processes
- Relative motion, Coriolis acceleration
- Kinetics of a system of mass points
- center of gravity theorem, impulse theorem, twist theorem, energy theorem
- Variable mass systems
- Kinetics of the rigid body
- moments of inertia and deviation, twist set
- Kinetic energy and energy theorem
- Plane motion, gyration, general motion in space
- Principle of D'Alembert, Lagrange's equations
How does the event work?
While the focus of the plenary lecture is on imparting theoretical content, the latter are used in the plenary exercises to solve engineering problems. The plenary exercises are offered in German and English language.
The examination of the module is taken in electronic form on the computer. It is offered on
several dates during the semester vacation. The grade of an examination that has already been
passed can be improved by increasing the total number of points by a maximum of 6 bonus
points, which can be earned in bonus point tests during the semester.
The lecture notes of all mechanics modules can now be purchased from Frankenne,
- in the shop, Templergraben 48 in Aachen (please note the opening hours)
Additions to the Mechanics 3 Script (Prof. Markert; Prof. Stoffel)
This seminar is intended for second repeaters.
To register, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, matriculation number and e-mail address. Registration deadline:
In addition, please clearly indicate that you wish to register for the seminar Mechanics III Mechanical Engineering, otherwise no assignment is possible.
For organisational reasons, no questions can be answered by e-mail. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Blumenthal (0241/80 98285).
Start of the seminar expected on 18.04.2022.
A detailed description of the module can be found here.
Becoming a tutor
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org