Mechanics 2 – Werkstoffingenieurwesen, Werkstoff- und Prozesstechnik, Technik-Kommunikation, Lehramt
Content (Elasticity Part 2, Dynamics)
- Material laws
- Bending of the straight beam
- Shear stress in the beam due to shear forces
- Kinematics of the mass point and the rigid body
- Kinetics of the mass point
- Newtonian equation of motion
- Linear momentum, angular momentum, energy and work laws
- Constrained movement of the mass point
- Relative motion, Coriolis acceleration
- Kinetics of a system of mass points
- Principle of linear momentum, principle of angular momentum, principle of energy Systems with variable mass
- Kinetics of the rigid body
- Moments of inertia and deviation, principle of angular momentum
- Kinetic energy and energy theorem
- Plane motion, general motion in space
How does the event work?
The event consists of a lecture and an exercise. Both components are compulsory modules. While the focus of the lecture is on conveying new content, the corresponding exercise is intended to consolidate this content.
At the end of the semester a final module exam is written on the computer. The exam can be improved by earning bonus points through home exercises.
Home exercises to acquire bonus points
In accordance with the valid examination regulations, a total of five points can be earned by passing the home exercises. The acquired points will be added to the total number of points if you pass the exam. In case of non-participation and failure to pass the exam, the bonus points earned in the winter semester remain valid in the following summer semester. After that (in the next winter semester) the bonus points expire and must be acquired again.
There are three homework exercises offered, in the first you can earn a maximum of two bonus points, in the third homework exercise a maximum of one bonus point. There are no half points. Each homework consists of several questions, which are selected randomly from a questionnaire. In the first and second homework, one bonus point is awarded for 33 % of the points in the homework, and two bonus points for the exam for 66 % of the points. In the third exercise, from 50 % of the points in the exercise, one bonus point is awarded for the exam.
The processing time of the homework exercise is 20 minutes in each case and can only be processed in fixed time windows after logging in to the OPS (access data is available in the L²P learning room).
The time windows are open on the following fixed dates, from 12 noon to 12 midnight in each case:
Home exercise 1:
Home exercise 2:
Home exercise 3:
A detailed description of the module can be found here.